1 package quick rise yeast
3/4 cup warm water >>not too warm, just 'a bit warmer than lukewarm', according to Sarah
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour >>you have to add a bit of regular flour, otherwise it will come out too tough.
1 tsp salt
1 tsp honey >>use honey instead of sugar for a crispier crust
- Dissolve the package of yeast in the water and leave for 5ish minutes. It should get a little foamy/frothy on the top.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix together with a spoon.
- Knead for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Leave in a warm place for an hour or hour and a half. Ideally on top of a stove with a bit of heat in it, but on top of the fridge is also okay. >>true story: I made a dough at 12:30 and didn't come home to make pizza until 5:30 and it turned out okay because my roommate punched it down a few times. Hells yes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean off some counter space and drizzle it with a bit of olive oil. Don't form the pizza in flour, otherwise it'll end up too dry.
- Use "Domino's Method" for spreading out pizza dough (>>ask me sometime and I'll show ya).
- Cook for 10ish minutes, add your toppings, and then cook for another 5 to 10 minutes