* 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
* 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
* 3 tablespoons lemon juice (more to taste)
* 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons tahini
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed (I've done up to 5 if I'm feeling ambitious)
* 1/2 teaspoon salt (makes it rather salty - I think I'll do 1/4 next time)
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can. Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. I usually leave chunks, but it can easily be blended until smooth. Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas.
Place in serving bowl, and create a shallow well in the center of the hummus.
Add a small amount (1-2 tablespoons) of olive oil in the well. Garnish with parsley (optional).
Serve immediately with fresh, warm or toasted pita bread, or cover and refrigerate.